Dedicated Collierville Family Law Attorney Helps Clients Move Forward
Steering Tennessee families through difficult legal issues for more than 25 years
Divorce, child custody and other family law matters are among the most emotionally charged legal issues. Our firm understands this and makes every effort to minimize our clients’ anxiety. At The Collierville Law Firm, we know there is life after divorce. Our goal is to get you there as quickly as possible. We serve clients in Collierville, Germantown and throughout the Memphis, Tennessee area.
Efficient and effective family law representation
We help you overcome the hurdles in your case as quickly as possible, without needlessly driving up the cost of litigation. We also provide our clients with a level of personal attention not found at larger firms. When you hire The Collierville Law Firm, you work with William Hagan III and his support professionals — not some lawyer you have never met.
Since 1996, we have developed relationships with many other professionals in the local court system, which often allows us to address your legal matter more efficiently. We represent clients in many different family law matters, including:
- Divorce — Our firm helps couples with all aspects of divorce, including the most complex and contentious marriage dissolutions. From the outset, we guide you through each step, ensuring you understand your rights regarding your property and your children and how each decision we make affects the final outcome of your case.
- Child custody and visitation — When divorcing couples have children, a number of questions arise — where will they live, how long will they spend at each home, who will make financial and educational decisions? William L. Hagen III carefully explores children’s current and future needs and works with parents to develop child custody and parenting arrangements that result in the least upheaval for your children and allow you to maintain your relationship with them.
- Child support — A judge weighs a number of factors when determining how much child support must be paid by the parent who does not have custody, and how often and how long it must be paid. Those factors include each parent’s income and the child’s educational, medical and general living expenses. Our attorney reviews these factors and helps you present a case that accurately reflects the children’s needs and your financial situation, so that the court orders a reasonable sum.
- Alimony — Spousal support was intended to allow a divorcing spouse to continue to maintain the standard of living that existed before the divorce. But dual-income families, wives sometimes earning more than their husbands, and educational levels all complicate the question of alimony. Our law firm helps ensure that the court orders an appropriate amount of spousal support given the complex factors involved.
- Property division — Our attorneys help divorcing couples agree, when possible, how their property and debts will be divided. If a couple cannot reach an agreement, a court will determine an equitable property division based on several factors, including each spouse’s separate property (property acquired before marriage), their financial situation, contributions to the marriage, and their future earning power. Marital property is property acquired during the marriage and can include bank accounts, businesses, retirement accounts, pensions and intellectual property. Tennessee law does not require assets to be divided 50-50, so it is imperative to hire an attorney with considerable experience identifying and valuing complex marital property to ensure the court gets a complete picture.
Whether your family law matter is proceeding amicably or is a battlefield, we can help you reach a favorable result. We’re also here for you to help enforce your rights following a divorce, when your circumstances change and require modification of previous court awards for child support, custody or alimony.
Contact our Collierville family law attorney for a free consultation
For help with any family law matter, you can schedule a free initial consultation with The Collierville Law Firm at our office by calling 901-614-0318 or contacting us online. Our office on New Byhalia Road in Collierville is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.