Divorce & Family
How do I file for divorce?
- In most states, you begin by completing a divorce “petition” or “complaint” where you provide basic information and indicate how you want the court to decide child custody, child support, property division and alimony. You should make two copies of your petition and file it in the court of the county where you or your spouse lives. If you’re considering divorce, a local family law attorney can explain your options.
- How is property divided in divorce?
- Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
- What do I need to start the divorce process?
- Will I have to pay alimony in my divorce?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce?
- What is a legal separation?
- How much alimony will I get in my divorce?
- How does the general process of adoption work?
- How do I gain sole custody of a child?
- How is child support generally calculated?