Divorce & Family
How does the general process of adoption work?
- To adopt through a private agency or state foster care system, you must apply and submit to a “home study,” to determine if you can provide a suitable home. In an “open adoption,” birthparents and adoptive parents meet and share identifying information. An international adoption is complicated by U.S. laws and the laws of the child’s home country. A local family law attorney can provide a detailed explanation of your state’s adoption processes.
- How do I file for divorce?
- How is property divided in divorce?
- Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
- What do I need to start the divorce process?
- Will I have to pay alimony in my divorce?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce?
- What is a legal separation?
- How much alimony will I get in my divorce?
- How do I gain sole custody of a child?
- How is child support generally calculated?