Divorce & Family
How much alimony will I get in my divorce?
- Most courts decide whether to order alimony payments — and in what amount — based on a formula set by state law. These formulas take a variety of factors into consideration. You and your spouse can also negotiate an alimony settlement and ask the court to approve it. An experienced family law attorney in your area can help you understand the alimony process.
- How do I file for divorce?
- How is property divided in divorce?
- Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
- What do I need to start the divorce process?
- Will I have to pay alimony in my divorce?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce?
- What is a legal separation?
- How does the general process of adoption work?
- How do I gain sole custody of a child?
- How is child support generally calculated?