Divorce & Family
What do I need to start the divorce process?
- The process for starting a divorce varies by state and residency requirement.You might also need to live apart from your spouse for a certain time before filing. Visit your county courthouse or download a divorce petition from your court’s website. Once you’ve filled it out, you’ll need funds for the filing fee and service of process. If you have questions about how to file your petition, a local divorce attorney can help.
- How do I file for divorce?
- How is property divided in divorce?
- Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
- Will I have to pay alimony in my divorce?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce?
- What is a legal separation?
- How much alimony will I get in my divorce?
- How does the general process of adoption work?
- How do I gain sole custody of a child?
- How is child support generally calculated?