Divorce & Family
What is a legal separation?
- Legal separation is a specific status similar to divorce, for couples who don’t plan to resume their marital relationship but aren’t ready to dissolve their marriage. The only difference between legal separation and divorce is that legally separated parties aren’t free to remarry. A family law attorney in your area can explain how your state treats legal separation and help you determine if it might be a reasonable alternative to divorce.
- How do I file for divorce?
- How is property divided in divorce?
- Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
- What do I need to start the divorce process?
- Will I have to pay alimony in my divorce?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce?
- How much alimony will I get in my divorce?
- How does the general process of adoption work?
- How do I gain sole custody of a child?
- How is child support generally calculated?