What is the court process after you have been arrested for DUI?
- You can typically expect the police to fingerprint you, take your mugshot and administer a blood alcohol test at the station. If the prosecutor files charges, you will likely have to go to court several times and choose between plea negotiations with the prosecutor or going to trial. An attorney can help you weigh the pros and cons of each alternative.
- Do I need a criminal defense attorney if I am not guilty?
- Can arrest or conviction records be expunged?
- What is a felony?
- What is a misdemeanor?
- What is the difference between probation and parole?
- What should I do if I have been charged with a crime?
- What happens once I’m convicted of DWI or DUI?
- Should I talk to the police after an arrest?