What is the difference between probation and parole?
- At the time of sentencing, a judge can order probation in lieu of jail time or to follow a jail sentence. But parole isn’t part of a judge's sentencing order. Parole is an early release of an inmate from prison. If you have specific questions related to the details of your probation or parole, a local criminal defense attorney can help.
- Do I need a criminal defense attorney if I am not guilty?
- Can arrest or conviction records be expunged?
- What is the court process after you have been arrested for DUI?
- What is a felony?
- What is a misdemeanor?
- What should I do if I have been charged with a crime?
- What happens once I’m convicted of DWI or DUI?
- Should I talk to the police after an arrest?