What should I do if I have been charged with a crime?
- If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, start by remembering you have important rights, including the right to remain silent, the right to have an attorney present at questioning, and the right to be free from unreasonable searches. You should invoke all of those rights, and consult an experienced criminal law attorney to plan a strategy for dealing with the charges against you.
- Do I need a criminal defense attorney if I am not guilty?
- Can arrest or conviction records be expunged?
- What is the court process after you have been arrested for DUI?
- What is a felony?
- What is a misdemeanor?
- What is the difference between probation and parole?
- What happens once I’m convicted of DWI or DUI?
- Should I talk to the police after an arrest?