Divorce & Family
Will I have to pay alimony in my divorce?
- In some states, judges calculate alimony using formulas based on earnings, living expenses, assets, and debts. But a judge can also consider the length of the marriage, the age of each spouse, each spouse’s earning capacity, and whether the supported spouse is caring for young children. If you have specific questions about your potential obligation to pay alimony, an experienced family law attorney in your area can provide answers.
- How do I file for divorce?
- How is property divided in divorce?
- Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
- What do I need to start the divorce process?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce?
- What is a legal separation?
- How much alimony will I get in my divorce?
- How does the general process of adoption work?
- How do I gain sole custody of a child?
- How is child support generally calculated?